Hey guys I hope you’ve all had a really good week! So today I’m doing a ‘What I eat in a day’ type blog post. The last one I did was really successful so I’m presuming it was helpful to people. Let me just put one thing out there before starting today’s post – I definitely don’t eat like this everyday! Some days I will have a tough day with my mental, health which usually results in eating less, and others I’ll have cravings and eat sugar tons of stuff! But it’s all about balance so that’s ok (Not the Eating less one though!) Recetnly I’ve been trying to eat a lot healthier, and have been trying to eat a ‘Plant-based diet’. No I’m not going vegan but I’ve been trying things like dairy alternatives and not eating meat. It’s not really too difficult for me but my family and dietician aren’t keen on me suddenly changing up my diet so I’m just intergading some healthier choices! I’ve been thinking about possibly going vegan during Lent, so let me know if you think that’s a good idea or not from your experiences. I’m pretty sur wife rambled enough so let’s just get on with ‘What I Eat In A Day’.
Breakfast: For this particular day, I decided to attempt a smoothie bowl, partly, because I though it would look really good in these photos, but also because I always have fruit for breakfast, usually a smoothie so why not mix it up a bit? I’m going to be honest I think I made mine a little bit too runny (a big bit) so keeping the toppings looking all pretty was a bit more difficult so I’ve altered the recipe I used just to make sure if you want to have this you won’t need a straw!
- 2 Bananas (pop them in the freezer before and it will taste way nicer and be even thicker)
- Frozen Mango chunks
- Pineapple juice (Only a small bit if you want it to be thicker)
- Flax seed (Optional – they just give a nice protein boost)
- Half a lemon squeezed – Its brilliant at detoxing your system and flushing out toxins.
- Pop everything in the blender and whizz up but not for too long or it will go to liquid-y!
- Pour into a bowl and top with chopped bananas, almonds, oats, chia seeds, fruit syrup or any that you want – Yours will probably look better than mine!
Lunch : Today, I decided to cook a sweet potato mash with a vegetable stir-fry. This was really filling, and didn’t take long at all! It was actually delicious and would probably be a really nice dinner with Quorn chicken or a cooked tortilla wrap for a dinner!
- Chopped broccoli
- Green beans chopped
- Chopped carrots
- Sweet potatoes (I used two)
- Vegetable stock
- Few tablespoons of boiling water
- I put the sweet potatoes in the microwave for about 8 minutes and while they were in there I chopped the veggies and popped a drop of sunflower oil in a pan. I then cooked the veggies in there, and added a teaspoon of vegetable stock to a few tablespoons of boiling water.
- I then added the stock into the pan and cooked it all together until the sweet potatoes were cooked
- I took the skins off of the potatoes and mashed what was left (really simple!)
- I then put the veggie stir fry onto a plate and there we have it, it’s really simple and delicious just don’t go overboard with the stock like I have before!
Dinner: Today was Sunday and what better way to end a rainy February Sunday than a Roast Dinner with Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, veggies and turkey. When I’m with my family and they’ve prepared a meal I will usually eat that, which is good because my dietician says without a bit of chicken or fish (only meats I eat) I would continue to lose weight and feel rubbish. Obviously my Dad made this and honestly his roasts are the best dinners ever! But because of that there’s not a lot for me to say about it!
So that’s all for today – Obviously I’ll sometimes snack in between but I’m not a huge snacker! Recently if I’ve been getting sugar cravings I’ll have this super simple Vegan mug cake and this prevents me from over-eating. I hope this next week is a good one and I’ll see you soon.
As always, stay safe and strong,